DESIGN, specify, build, configure and test solutions to ensure the provision of the necessary capability to businesses that enable quality solutions and a customer-centric focus as the next Quantitative Business Analyst sought by a reputable financial services group. This will include pricing and risk management solutions and their associated IT processes, as well as maintenance, testing and production support for the suite of front office applications within Markets. The ideal candidate should possess an appropriate degree, postgraduate degree in mathematical finance or other quantitative discipline with at least 1 year of relevant quantitative, risk and business analysis experience. You will need experience in designing and implementing embedded solutions (i.e. a good understanding of systems integration), experience in designing, testing and configuring quantitative systems in capital markets (market risk, credit risk, XVA, etc.), a working knowledge of SQL and the ability to analyze data. Knowledge of financial markets is a MUST.
- Build and/or critically analyze financial models (e.g. product pricing, curve stripping, scenario analysis).
- Design, analysis, testing and troubleshooting of processes in the area of pricing/risk analysis.
- Analysis of capacity/adequacy of systems in the area of pricing/risk analysis.
- Data analysis – analyze data and situation, identify and solve problems, reason logically and draw valid conclusions.
- Software analysis – analyze, design and implement purchased or in-house applications.
- Test and validate the logic and processes implemented.
- Share ownership of recurring production incidents by working with multiple stakeholders to resolve system issues.
- Weekly rotation of production support with the rest of the team.
- Engage with the macro environment to seek out new opportunities, capabilities and trends that would add value to the analytical work required.
- Suggest changes in the execution of work processes to better generate value and benefits for the company.
- Prepare and share recommendations for the improvement of processes and systems in the relevant area of responsibility.
- Actively participate in team collaboration, cross-disciplinary and vendor-focused sessions or forums to increase understanding of the work environment (current and planned).
- Engage with key stakeholders to gather information on changes and developments in their area of business that would impact demand for assigned BT technologies.
- Review demand items in partnership with the business to better understand system, process and environmental impacts of relevant BT systems.
- Collaborate with process owners to create appropriate roadmaps for business development and in anticipation of system and process improvements.
- Test and identify service gaps if different technologies were applied to the same process or if business process changes would not be supported by existing technology capabilities.
- Analyze business requests to clearly understand business requirements and translate them into clear technical terms and specifications to best solve business problems.
- Consolidate all knowledge articles and user training materials.
- Develop and share the final service package for relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate service provider integration activities.
- Monitor the benefits against what was detailed in the business case.
- Monitor specific metrics and mechanisms to measure benefits.
- Relevant degree.
- Graduate degree in mathematical finance or other quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in quantitative, risk and business analysis.
- Knowledge of financial markets is a MUST.
- Experience in designing and implementing integrated solutions (i.e. good understanding of systems integration).
- Experience in designing, testing and configuring quantitative systems in capital markets (market risk, credit risk, XVA, etc.).
- Working knowledge of SQL and ability to analyze data.
- Business process modeling and design capabilities.
- Ability to work with data: understanding of data patterns and ability to validate data flows between and within systems.
Desired / Beneficial –
- FRM, PRM, ACI Dealing Certificate, CFA or related risk or quantitative international certification would be beneficial.
- Quantum Grad.
- Market related experience.
- Relevant experience in investment banking.
- Experience working with relevant systems (technical background will be beneficial).
- Knowledge of multiple asset classes and the business life cycle.
- Attention to detail, but also the ability to see the big picture and understand the wider impact.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with difficult people.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication and planning skills.
- Assertiveness and perseverance are necessary to be effective in the front office environment.
- Strong awareness and interest in financial markets.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position