Johannesburg’s biggest Heritage Day celebration, the Absa Run Your City Joburg 10K is back and local runners and walkers will be thrilled on Saturday 24th September.
Founded in 2016, the Absa Run Your City Joburg 10K is part of the award-winning Absa Run Your City series which currently consists of three iconic mass-participation 10k road races:
• Absa Run Your City Cape Town 10km
• Absa Run Your City Durban 10km
• Absa Run Your City Jobourg 10 km
According to organizers, attendees will be treated to a 10km journey showcasing iconic sites and featuring performances led by a host of Joburg’s leading performing arts groups.
A real highlight of the South African racing calendar as participants look forward to rubbing shoulders with elite runners from home and abroad. By participating in the Absa Run Your City Joburg 10k, runners and e-walkers can choose to support four local charities:
• Reach For A Dream Foundation (RFAD)
• SPCA of Johannesburg
• Johannesburg Heritage Foundation
Event information for the Absa Run Your City Joburg 10k:
• Date: Saturday September 24
• Registration fee: Standard (licensed) R235
• Gold Package (licensed): R900
• Temporary permit: R40
• Opening of registrations: Tuesday, April 5
• Closing date for registrations: Sunday 18 September
For more information on the event, runners and walkers are invited to click on here.